- Date April 27, 2020
- Location Rose Hill
Screening for eye diseases helps to prevent and treat certain diseases such as cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma test, etc..
It is important not to confuse visual defects with pathologies of the eye.
Visual defects – nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism – are considered as geometric imperfections of the eye or defects of power of the eye.
Presbyopia, which concerns all people over 45, is a result of natural ageing of the eyes. Presbyopia is not a pathology.
Ocular pathologies, as the name suggests, are diseases of the eyes.
Our specialists do many tests including:
- Crystalline observation (cataract screening)
- Measurement of eye pressure (glaucoma screening)
- Observation of your retina under a microscope or by a camera (screening for glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic or hypertensive retinopathy …)
- Photo-engine reflex Corneal Reflection Analysis:
- Keratoconus Screening
- Colour test: Ishihara test